Partners and Funders
1. East African Science and Technology Commission- (EASTECO) is a specialized EAC Institution with a mandate to coordinate and promote the development, management and application of Science and Technology within EAC Partner States, to support regional integration and socio-economic development. it was established as a semi-autonomous institution of the EAC by the 5th Extra-ordinary Summit of the EAC Heads of State held on 18th June 2007, in accordance with Chapter 16, Article 103 (a) of the Treaty on the Establishment of the East African Community, where the Partner States undertook to promote cooperation in the development of Science & Technology within the Community.
2. Inter-University Council of East Africa- (IUCEA) is an institution of the East African Community whose mission is to promote strategic and sustainable development of higher education systems and research for supporting East Africa’s socio-economic development and regional integration.
1. African Development Bank - AfDB
The overarching objective of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
The Bank Group achieves this objective by:
- mobilizing and allocating resources for investment in RMCs; and
- providing policy advice and technical assistance to support development efforts.
2. Nelson Mandela - African Institute of Science and Technology - (NMI-AIST) is one of the three Nelson Mandela Institutes with a mandate to develop skills in Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Technology, in Africa, particularly Sub-Saharan Africa.