The Consortium consisting of the East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO), EAC Regional Center of Excellence in Biomedical Engineering and e-Health (CEBE)/University of Rwanda, the EAC Secretariat and the East African Health Research Commission (EAHRC), wishes to announce the call for abstracts for the 3rd East African Community Regional e-Health & Telemedicine Workshop, Ministerial Conference https://easteco.org/third-ehealth-conference. The convening of the Conference is per the directives of the Ministerial session at 2nd EAC Regional E-Health and Telemedicine Workshop, Ministerial Conference and International Trade Exhibition.
The main objective of the Workshop and Ministerial conference is to provide a dialogue platform for academia, researchers, technologists, developers, and government decision-makers, to present and discuss existing and new digital technologies for enhancing healthcare in East Africa.
This three-day conference will feature parallel-sessions based on invited and contributed papers and research presentations. These will be complemented by plenary sessions with keynote presentations by renowned speakers from academia, industry and development practice and panel discussions as well as exhibition space.
THEMES AND TOPICS:
The overall theme of the Conference is: “Embracing Digital technologies to foster innovations in healthcare for the wellbeing of East Africans”.
Thematic areas and topics considered in the Workshop and the Ministerial Conference will cover the following (although not limited to):
- Enabling environment for e-healthcare in the EAC, including advancements in National eHealth Strategies and implementation of the Digital REACH Initiative:
- Experiences in implementing the National Digital Health Strategies;
- EHealth readiness and digital health interoperability in the EAC;
- E-Health initiatives and the SDGs;
- Financial solutions for disadvantaged, remote and rural communities;
- Online and m-Payment and reimbursement issues;
- Enhancing digital skills for healthcare personnel for improved service delivery:
- E-literacy in healthcare;
- E-learning for health training;
- Digital Technology development and innovation for healthcare services and systems:
- ICT enabled devices and systems for health;
- Bio-informatics and Information management
- Mobile communications applications for health;
- Big data and health information systems;
- Young innovators in technology solutions for health
- Emerging technology applications for health: Internet of Things, Artificial intelligence.
INFORMATION ON SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:
This is a call for submission of abstracts, with the deadline by April 30th, 2020 of not more than 300 words for a scientific or technical paper at the 3rd EAC Regional e-Health and Telemedicine Workshop.
Abstracts and papers should be sent to email@example.com
The decision on acceptance will be made by May 30th, 2020
Final papers will be due by June 30th, 2020
The papers will be compiled in a digital and hardcopy publication for the Workshop. With the abstract submission, the author confirms to send a Final Paper for the conference proceedings.
In addition, authors will have the option of submitting their papers to be published in the East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation https://www.eajsti.org.
Proposals should present:
- Research results in any aspect of the aforementioned topics (from academia or industry).
- Practical results (including experiences) and technological solutions in e-Health and Telemedicine from industry and firms;
- Surveys papers addressing key problems and solutions on the above-mentioned topics;
- Industrial trends, status, position and case studies.
- The paper must be written in English.
- The paper must be in the format of Microsoft Word (.doc). No other formats will be accepted.
- There is no limit of contributed submissions per the corresponding author.
- An abstract is a single paragraph, without indentation, that summarizes the key points of the manuscript in a few words. It should be written in Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. keywords (not more than 6) should be indicated and the thematic area to which your work corresponds.
- Also, include a short biography of the main authors.
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via email by May 30th
Please note that in order to submit an abstract you have to prepare the following details:
- final abstract title (to be published)
- author's contact details and short biography
- presentation length
- intended audience